A lot of my recipes that I've been posting are with beef. We really don't eat beef everyday. Maybe once a week. We actually try to eat meat only 2 times a week. Three years ago I hadn't touched beef for about 15 years. YUK! I didn't like it and it made me sick. It's a long story about why we started eating beef again. If you want to know ask me sometime : ) I will say that I'm very picky about what meat I eat. As a matter of fact I don't eat any meat unless I know it's organic, no hormones, or antibiotics. The beef we get is local and grass fed with no additives. It's has 50% less fat and less cholesterol.
In the winter we like to have a roast once a month. Here's how I prepare it.
The night before (if I remember) I'll put the roast in a bag with some fermented soy sauce and the juice from a couple of oranges. The next morning I put the roast (and juices) in the crock-pot on high for a few hours. About 1 1/2 hours before we eat, I put in some veggies. (potatoes, spaghetti squash from the garden, carrots, or whatever I like). I then cut some onions and garlic and sprinkle all over the top of everything so it melts down into the veggies and roast.
I serve this with a big green salad.
No comments:
Post a Comment