Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall Camping

This week we went camping. We've never been camping in the fall because it's so cold at night in October. Now that we have our trailer it was cozy and warm : ) It was nice weather during the day and we had a lot of fun. It is so beautiful in the mountains this time of year...very colorful.


Here is our trailer. We've love having it. We bought it about a year ago.


We got to our camping spot around 7:00 Thursday night. The kids got a little too goofy. Savannah and Matthew danced and sang for us.



Matthew singing his heart out.



Tanner is finding wood for a fire.

Matthew and Savannah knocked down a dead tree. Patrick promised that this was okay and that they do it all the time at scout camp. I'm not sure that makes me feel better.

The kids cut the logs with the saw.

What hard workers.



Brady and Tanner helped dad start a fire.


Look how beautiful!

Patrick wanted to teach the kids how to shoot a gun. He tried to take us on top of Timp but I couldn't make it. I never thought I'd be afraid of heights but this scared me to death. It looked like we were going to drive off a cliff at every turn. After climbing down a rock slide we decided to go back on the road a little to this spot. Here's Savannah shooting. She had a good aim for her first time.

Patrick is helping Brady. Tanner didn't want to shoot the gun until
we had everything all packed to go. Too late : (



Matthew did a good job too.


I had to have a turn too. My dad used to take me shooting when I was a child. I'm still not too good. Matthew and Savannah did better at shooting the target then I did. I'm not very patient .

Savannah is taking some shots.

We're taking a walk around camp.

Yes, there was snow in the shady spots. We stopped here for a
snowball fight. Matthew couldn't resist.





Getting Savannah with a snowball.


The kids can't stay away from water. It's too much fun.


Savannah posed this shot. Tanner didn't want to do it so
Brady is holding his hand tight. It's cute anyway. These two are good buddies but watch out when they're mad at each other.



Savannah poses Brady. it's a good thing he likes his picture taken.


We went on a 4 mile hike to Stewart Cascades.

It was so pretty on the way. Colors everywhere.

Matthew is cooling off by the water fall.



There was a lot of stinging nettle on the trail. Patrick told me that Lambs Quarter (a plant) would stop the stinging if you touched the nettle. I felt it was my duty to see if it really worked so I got some stinging nettle and rubbed it on both of my arms (a inch section each). Yes, it does sting. It's really weird. After a while it starts to feel numb and then it starts to sting again. I wasn't too worried because I also had some lambs quarter I picked from the trail all ready. I rubbed it on one arm and left the other along. Well I'm here to tell you in does NOT work. It's been about 9 hours and I can still feel stinging on my arms. Now I can really say I know how it feels.

These two are best friends most of the time. They love being together.
They love to get into trouble too and drive me crazy.




Tanner is so cute.


Savannah is a tree hugger.


Look how georgous!!

No comments: