Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vacation


We've been back from our vacation for almost a week. It was a lot of fun and perfect weather but it all ended too fast.

I was really worried about the drive because Justin hates the car seat. He did wonderfully well! He took 3 naps and didn't cry most of the time. We did have to stop about every two hours to let him out of the seat for a few minutes and for me to walk around for a while (blood clot leg).

The next day (Friday) we were able to go to Sea world with our friends the E's.


Savannah and A trying on the hats.

All the kids waiting to explore.


Handsome boys.



Watching the Sea Lion show.

I love watching the Orcas. The trainers are not allowed in the water any more so the show was a little disappointing. They were still really cool to see.

Shipwreck rapids!



Justin's favorite part was feeding these little pigeons.


After Sea World we went out to dinner. We found this place that serves grass fed, all organic (no hormones and antibiotics), hamburgers, fries, salads, juices, etc. They have the best hamburgers I've ever tasted.

Matthew was in hog heaven.

Tanner ordered the free range chicken strips child dinner. It was huge and
he couldn't even eat a 1/4 of it.

A, B, and Savannah chilling.

The next day we went to the beach.



Justin loved the sand. Look at those cute rolls.


You have to build a sand castle at the beach.

I went out with the two older kids in the big waves. I loved doing this when I was a child. The water was so cold. After a while you go numb and then it is a lot of fun.


On Sunday we walked around the temple and then went and walked along this beach.

We saw crabs and sea anemones.

Savannah showing off Matthew's muscles.





This beach is a rookery for Sea Lions.

One Monday we went to Disneyland. It was a nice time. Next time we'll be sure to buy the California Adventure passes. The rides for the older kids are in that park along with live theater shows, etc.

Tanner and Justin liked the Pooh Bear ride.


Justin trying to peek around to see Buzz.



Tanner had this grumpy face the whole time. I kept asking him if something was wrong but he wouldn't answer. When we got back to the hotel he got a fever that lasted four days. He was pretty sick. I guess the poor guy didn't feel well at Disneyland.


Justin Watching the parade. Matthew and Savannah went off to go on some of the better rides so they weren't in many pictures.


Matthew and Savannah picking out their souvenir.

Good bye Disneyland. We'll come back in about 4 years.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Fun, fun, fun! By the way, I love the new photo at the top of your blog. Very nice.