Things have calmed down with co-op and theater over with. I decided this would be a perfect time to do a unit study on birds. Little did I know I was going to create a monster or two (good monsters). Now everything is birds. Brady and Tanner know just about everything about the birds that live in Utah. They have checked out many books from the library and are always bird watching and notice them everywhere they go. We've had some pretty cool birds come to our feeders and Brady lets me know all the names, shows me all the pictures (from his camera), and lets me know the facts. I had no idea that we had this many different birds. I love this kind of education!
First we found pine cones and covered them in peanut butter. Then we rolled them in bird seeds and hung them on the trees. The birds ate these in about one day.
We gathered materials for the birds to use for their nests and put them out on the trees. It's fun to find nests with bright colored yarn weaved in them.


1 comment:
What fun!!!
Post a Comment