Sunday, August 1, 2010

Birthdays, Birthdays, and More Birthdays

WHEW!! We got through the month of July! We have four birthdays in July and with all the holidays and camp-outs it just about does us in (in a fun way)...... kind of.

Matthew
First to celebrate was Matthew. My baby turned 17. This was a hard year for me because life will be changing too soon and I don't like change. I can't believe that it won't be long until Matthew will be going on a mission. I don't feel that old. Where did the time go? Was I a good enough mother? Did I do my best to teach him what he needs to succeed in life? Hopefully good enough was good enough.

Matthew, I'm so blessed to be your mother. You have a calming affect on me. I'm so proud at who you've become. You're an awesome musician and come up with amazing compositions. You have insights that I have never thought of and a spirit that is so pure. I love talking and being with you. I've learned more from you then you'll ever learn from me. Happy Birthday!!


He wanted cereal for breakfast but he got this. We had already
bought him a box of cereal for his birthday. We rarely buy cereal so it's a treat when we get it.

He wanted cinnamon rolls and lots of ice cream.



Food is always a hit for a teenage boy. He also got a nice Schwinn bike but I didn't get a picture.


New ear buds.


A few of his friends came over while he was gone and decorated his car.


Here are a few of them.

We also went to the 3-D Toy Story movie.

Mom (Mary)

I don't know what my problem is but I don't like having birthdays any more. I really HATE getting older. We spent the day at homeschool park day ice blocking. It was fun. I didn't do my hair or makeup. That's how I was feeling. Later we had dutch oven Italian chicken and rice and peach cobbler and homemade ice cream. Matthew kept saying we needed to do something but I just wanted to stay home for my birthday (other then park day).
I rarely get to relax so it was nice.






Brady

Next came Brady's 11th birthday. This year was a friend party year. Brady loves birds and bird watching so we went to the Aviary. He loved it.
He picked crepes for breakfast and lasagna for dinner.

Brady, I can't believe you are getting so big. How can I slow time a little? Thanks for being such a great help with Justin. You are going to be a great father! I love how when you set your mind to something you go for it and accomplish whatever you set out to do. You are going to be a great artist. I love how you still like to hang out with mom. I love you! Happy birthday!


Yummy crepes.


Hmmmm......what should I wish?


Brownies and chocolate chip ice cream.


Brady guessing his present.


Pedometer




Brady enjoying swinging with his brothers on his birthday.


At the Aviary


Savannah found some accessories.


Justin found a peacock
feather. He carried it around hitting people with it.


Getting ready for the bird show.


The Blue and Gold Macaw was Brady's favorite in the show.


The barn owl was so cool.

Justin
Last but not least, Justin turned 1 on Friday. This year has gone so fast. My cute little chub is 1! Matthew and Savannah were at EFY on his birthday so we waited until Saturday to open presents and do cake. We took it easy on Friday and had ice cream with our friends the Es. Justin is such a cutie. He's walking around everywhere and loving the freedom: ) He learned to say meow this week (we just got a kitty). He also started saying no while waving his hands. He is so attached to mommy that it's been really hard. I can't even leave the room (or leave him with anyone else in the family) with out him getting really upset. He's a very happy baby as long as mom is around.

Justin, I'm so glad that we have you as part of our family. I thought I was done having kids but I can't imagine my life without you. You bring so much happiness to everyone in our family. I love your wet little kisses and your chubby hands wrapped around my neck. Thanks for helping me remember what is important in life. Thanks for being a happy and sweet baby. I love you!!


The inch worm cake (inspired by a friend Kelly who made her daughter a butterfly cake decorated with fruit). It was hard to do it with natural ingredients but it turned out well enough. Justin thought it was fun.


"I can't believe mom is letting me do this"


Justin really does not like to eat much food yet.
He mostly eats Kefir, yogurt, and small bites from my plate.


Justin opening presents. It was cute how he daintily opened each package so carefully.


He loved the trucks. He started making truck sounds.
He's pretty good at copying any sound he hears.



This puzzle has sounds that go with each animal.


We got this for Justin when we saw that his favorite toy was going in to the bathroom and putting the caps on and off the screws (the ones that keep the toilet screwed to the ground). YUK!

That's all for now!!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday to all of you!

Kel said...

What a fun month! I love the photo of the three boys in the hammock... and of Justin carrying the peacock feather.

Don't worry about getting older, Mary. You look and act as young as ever. You're amazing. And that photo of you hiding from your candles (or trying to prevent being burned?) was hilarious.

I seriously laughed when you said my cake inspired your cake. That's about the least expected compliment I've ever gotten in my life. A cake? One of my cakes? hahahaha!