Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pizza....YUM!

Well.....Whew.. I survived yesterday and lived to make pizza today : ) I found a yeast free crust recipe. It's not as good as the yeast pizza but it's still good. We try to stay away from yeast because it gives Savannah and Brady cold sores. The kids all LOVED the pizza (though they are not very picky). They were happy that I had time to make a good dinner.


Brady rated the pizza an 8. He didn't really like the crust though. If I would have put meat on he would have liked it much better.


Tanner said the pizza was a 10. He loved the crust and even liked the pizza that I put spinach on.

Matthew said the pizza is a 9.5. Savannah was gone to a soccer practice so I didn't get a picture of her but when she got home she rated the pizza a 9 and 3/4.



Crust:
6 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp Real Salt
3 tsp baking powder
Olive oil
2 1/4 cups water


Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and water. Knead on floured counter until the dough is workable. Don't add too much flour. Sprinkle corn flour on the bottom of the pizza pans or stones. Roll out the dough and put into pans. Spread some olive oil over the dough so the sauce won't sink in. Add sauce and toppings and cook at 420 for 15-18 min. This makes 2 large pizzas.

For the sauce I just get one can of tomatoes paste and mix one can of water together. I add garlic salt, Real Salt, oregano, and basil until it tastes good.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm going to have to try it. I've never had much success at dough. Is Real salt a brand or is it just real salt? Do you get it at Real Foods? Thanks for sharing.

Mary Liechty said...

Real Salt is a brand of sea salt. It has flecks of minerals in it. I believe it's very good for you. The salt is mined in Redmond by the farm where we get our milk. I buy it in bulk from my mother. I think it's about $1-$2 (I'd have to look)a pound that way. It is worth every penny because it's so tasty and gives you many other minerals. I don't even like table salt after eating this salt : )

Mary

Mary Liechty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.