We had the classes at my house today. We started with history/English and discussed the pre-civil war time. The teens picked out the literature they wanted to read for the month. Their writing assignment is to write a (Civil War era) newspaper article and one other thing that would be fun to put into a newspaper. They came up with so many fun ideas. I can't wait to see the newspaper next week. Biology was next. It went smoothly and they seemed to really like the teacher. Next week they'll go to a pond and collect plants and look at them under a microscope. After lunch, the art (oil painting) teacher came. He is such a great artist and Savannah can't wait to get started. He painted a picture at the end of class. We were all amazed at how he did it. It looked awful at first but after a while it transformed into a very nice, detailed picture of Santa. You don't paint in the lines with this kind of painting. It racked my brain and I didn't even take the class. After art, a few of the older teens went in a carpool over to another friend's house for a debate/speech class. Matthew came home excited and told me all about the speech he gave. I was running around like a mad woman collecting money and getting everyone where they needed to go. I think next week will be much less stressful....right? I'm starting to think I've over done it. I do this all the time. I need my friend (that just had a baby) to keep me in line : )
It seems like all I do is talk about school. I guess it's such a big part of my life right now. When things settle a little bit then I'll find other things to talk about. I guess I should have done a homeschool blog. I mostly started this blog as a journal.
I'll post the newspaper next week. We have quite a few teens that are really into history and government so it'll be interesting. I'd better get to bed.


No comments:
Post a Comment