Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Roller Coaster Ride

Do you ever feel like you're on a crazy roller coaster ride! You see a bend and think it'll finally slow down but when you round the bend you go into an upside down loop. That's how my life is. I think to myself, things will slow down in a few weeks just as soon as a certain thing is done or over with. But every time I get to that date something else happens or starts up and I find myself saying again, if I can just get through this then it'll calm down. I woke up today and cleaned the house. At 9:00 sharp 12 teens arrive for English/History class. I sit in the class and make sure it all runs smoothly. At 10:30 the Biology teacher gets here. I think, Okay, I can have some time to relax for a minute but then I remember I need to watch the Biology teacher's little son. He's cute! I take him around the yard and introduce him to cat dogs, goats, and chickens. I let him feed the goats some leaves. We swing,  jump on the tramp, play legos, eat an apple, and get a drink. Whew, I've forgotten how busy one year 0lds are. Biology class ends late at 12:00 and the kids grab their lunches and head down to the park for the oil painting class. I feed my two younger kids and we all head down to the park. The class ends at 2:15 and I stay to clean up. Someone takes Matthew over to the debate/speech class. I come home and spent some time with Brady and Tanner. Finally, I collapse into a big heap on the couch. Whew, I have the rest of the night to just be home. I drift off into a 5 minute nap. I'm jerked out of my slumber by Matthew saying. "Mom. I need to be at my soccer game in 20 min. AHHH!! How had I forgotten that? So I jump up, make oatmeal for dinner. I didn't have time for anything else. We jump in the car and made it to the game with 1 minute to spare. It was cold! I forgot the kid's jackets. The game lasts around two hours. We get home at 8:00. My house is a disaster. The kids have mosquitoe bites from the game. Legos are all over the front room. The counter is a mess. My kids need to be brushed, read to, and put to bed. I need to put some laundry in the dryer and I shouldn't even be on the computer. Sigh....

I really am grateful for all I have. I have a lot to be thankful for : ) I'm just soooooo tired as I'm sure all of you are. 

Here's to being a mother...... even amid all the craziness!

No comments: