I think I did it!! I made a whole grain brownie sweetened with Agave that actually tastes good. I figured out how to make chocolate frosting too. I've been working on making a good healthy brownie for a while.
When I make a new recipe, I have my kids rate it on a 1-10 scale. If it doesn't make it over 5, I won't make it again. The kids all rated the brownies at 10 or some huge enormous number beyond that : ) We'll definitely make these again!
Brownie:
1 cup Agave
3 eggs
1/2 cup apple sauce (I just threw some apples in the blender and made my own sauce)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
2-2 1/2 cups white wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9 by 13 inch pan.
In bowl, stir together the applesauce, Agave, eggs, and butter until smooth. Mix in the milk and vanilla. Combine the cacao, flower, baking powder, and salt. Stir mixtures together. Pour batter in to prepare pan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Frosting:
4 Tablespoons of cacao powder
1/3 cup Agave
2 Tablespoons milk
2-3 cups dried coconut milk powder
1 tsp Vanilla
Blend together until creamy. Add coconut milk powder slowly (like you would powder sugar) until you get the right consistency.


No comments:
Post a Comment