I love to make this pie around Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's pretty time consuming but worth the effort. This was always my favorite pie growing up but it was a challenge trying to make it healthy. After trial and error, I came up with this recipe. It's really rich so you can only eat one piece and be full.
First Layer
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Second Layer
Topping
For the topping I get 4 cups of our favorite berries and put them in a sauce pan. I add 2 Tbls arrowroot powder and cook on medium heat (stirring constantly) until thinkened. Chill and serve on pie.
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the first layer, beat softened cream cheese, eggs, honey, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl with an electric mixer until really smooth and thick. Pour into the prepared pie pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Just make sure the middle sets up and is not like jello. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or over night if possible.
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the first layer, beat softened cream cheese, eggs, honey, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl with an electric mixer until really smooth and thick. Pour into the prepared pie pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Just make sure the middle sets up and is not like jello. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or over night if possible.
For second layer, Combine sour cream, 3 Tbls honey, and 1 tsp vanilla in a small bowl; blend well. Pour over the cooled cheese pie. Return to the oven and bake 10 minutes longer. Cool again for several hours. Serve with berry sauce on top.
Almond crust
* 1 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour (blend almonds up in blender).
* 3 tablespoons melted butter
* 3 Tbls Rapadura or Sucanut (whole unprocessed cane sugar)
Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 F. Melt the butter and mix the ingredients. Poor into a pie pan. Pat into place with your fingertips. Don't go too far up onto the sides because the almond crust will burn if visible after putting filling in.
Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After 8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown it goes quickly. I only pat this into the bottom of the pan. I don't put the crust up on the side too much because it burns while cooking the cheese cake.
* 3 tablespoons melted butter
* 3 Tbls Rapadura or Sucanut (whole unprocessed cane sugar)
Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 F. Melt the butter and mix the ingredients. Poor into a pie pan. Pat into place with your fingertips. Don't go too far up onto the sides because the almond crust will burn if visible after putting filling in.
Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After 8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown it goes quickly. I only pat this into the bottom of the pan. I don't put the crust up on the side too much because it burns while cooking the cheese cake.
Topping
For the topping I get 4 cups of our favorite berries and put them in a sauce pan. I add 2 Tbls arrowroot powder and cook on medium heat (stirring constantly) until thinkened. Chill and serve on pie.


No comments:
Post a Comment