Savannah made this for family night tonight. It's a new recipe and very yummy. It would be even better with cream cheese frosting and nuts sprinkled on top. We had it without frosting and it was still really good.
Banana Cake
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted (or coconut oil or half and half)
- 1 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup yogurt (homemade is fine) (can replace this with milk if you don't have yogurt on hand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Try to get them as lump-free as you can. Add the melted butter/coconut oil, honey and eggs. Beat well. Add the vanilla and yogurt. Continue beating until the mixture is relatively smooth. Sprinkle in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat for 30 to 40 strokes, or until everything is evenly combined. Turn the batter into a well oiled 9 by 13-inch rectangular pan. Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven when the top springs back when you lightly press on it with a clean finger. Allow to cool before frosting. Cut into 24 pieces and serve.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ozs cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
To make the frosting: beat all ingredients with a hand mixer until all lumps are out and it's really creamy.
When cake is completely cooled, frost, sprinkle with chopped nuts.


2 comments:
I forgot to send you that recipe you asked for! I'll look for it today. Sorry!
This is just what I've been looking for. I think I'll still want the banana bread recipe, but this will do for now.
Post a Comment