This has been a fun year so far. We're doing it a little different this year and it
continues to evolve as we go.
This year Savannah has chosen to go to the local public school. She's working on graduating traditionally. She enjoys theater and acting. She is currently in the school play and on an acting team at the theater. Next year she plans on going to a technical college for dental assisting part of the school day. So far I really haven't been very impressed with the education that the public school has provided. (yes, I know they do have some great classes and teachers out there but we are new at this and haven't found too many of them). The choir teacher is really good : ) I was shocked that they really don't teach kids great grammar and how to write papers and I won't even get into history. I love history and I feel it's important to have a good view of the truth which they sorely are leaving out at least in my daughter's class. Savy is doing well and she mostly wanted to go to this school because they do have excellent theater productions. She is also working and just growing up. Wow! It won't be long until she moves on to figure out her own life : ( But I'm proud of her and the young lady she is becoming.
This Year Brady is part of a group (mostly made up of Homeschool kids or kids who want a different option). He goes to a charter school twice a week and is involved in theater, is on a ballroom dance team, speech and debate (and tournaments), math, science, and history. He has absolutely LOVES it and most of the teachers are excellent and love what they teach. I've been very impressed. This year they have evolved to where the classes are accredited and the kids can graduate high school if they choose. They have the option to take college (distant education) classes, on-line BYU classes, technical classes, and other. I'm very excited about this as you can tell. I just wish it was around 6 years ago. It's fun seeing Brady grow up and we are excited to start hosting big parties again.
Tanner is mostly home schooled and one day a week he goes to a charter school and does fun classes like, violin, art, karate, science, and lego robotics. He loves it! We also are part of a co-op that does activities twice a month and we also do field trips together. This year for science we learn stuff at home and then we go out on an exploration day. The last 3 months we have visited a new pond each time. The kids have done experiments, science journal, painting, and just exploring and enjoying the day. We also get together for history and make fun projects and do activities for that time.
Brady had to do a science fair. He swabbed different places and found out where most of the bateria is located. The bottom his backpack was the worst. He also did a plant experiment that he hasn't finished yet.
Brady intently observing the bacteria ; )
We made play-doe with koolaid!
Had some fun with corn starch.
Made a dinosaur diorama!
Pond Day! So fun!
Another Pond
The kids always find a fishing line and catch fish
The buddies!
Then we panned for gold. Real Panning! A dad came up and showed us how. We really got some tiny bits. It was a gorgeous day and the leaves were spectacular!
Well that's some of what we've been up to!! So much fun!

















1 comment:
My 14 year old Josh loves this picture. He thinks Brady looks really good.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhp14ongr4pm35mXJyl1L7GUIh7ao0bNWe4XvgmWCBg47p5ahHZdBeA116qVRokdgkfuL0QxI1oyK8MvIoCPMyMG5KCBrIhi57dxaSYGsHU-19DZnS2L8dOg6sxYS6LzychbyzayPUzPGQ/s0/P1010294.jpg
Post a Comment