Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Be Thankful

Someone posted a video of this gentleman on Facebook. I spent some time looking through his videos on youtube and they are very inspirational. He talks about how he wanted to take his life at age 8. He didn't feel like he had any purpose in life because of not having arms and legs. As he grew older he realized that he needed to stop worrying about what he doesn't have (and dosen't have control of) and to start being thankful for what he does have. Then he was able to overcome obstacles and be happy and love the person he is. He also put his trust in God.

One of the things he said that I liked was this:

I've never seen a thankful person bitter.
and
I've never seen a bitter person thankful.

This is so true. We need to be thankful for what we do have. We need to stop thinking about how we aren't as cute as this person, or as talented as that person, or as smart as someone else. Each of us has something wonderful to give. We each have a great purpose. Why don't we celebrate each person's specials gifts rather then envying them and being jealous or just putting ourselves down because we can't do what they can? We are all beautiful and wonderful and have something important to contribute : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHaWaB_y-I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_24_qTNac&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bL3GR4iAW0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sHyzatcBq8&feature=related

No comments: