I know what I need to be doing for good health but why can't I keep up on it all?
Eat healthy - Since this is something I love, kind of like a hobby for me, I don't have a problem with it. It came pretty easy for me. I was raised eating healthy. I guess you could say I go over board but I feel good and that's how I like it.
Avoid or control stress and have mental peace - Alright, I try but most of the time fail miserably. I'm a lot like my dad. I have a huge guilt conscience. If I do something, accidentally or that I know of, to hurt some one's feelings I'll feel guilty until I try to make amends. I will literally stress out all night until I can call that person in the morning. Then I usually mess it all up and feel worse. I stress out over things that aren't a big deal. I'm learning that I really need to think about things before I react or....watch out. One good thing is that I usually "get over it" really fast. My kids know to just let me have a day and then I can rationally talk to them about issues.
Spirituality - This is so important and kind of goes with stress. It helps you to have peace and love. I have work but I'm trying and that's all I can do.
Excercise - As a child I was always active and on the go. My favorite thing to do was ride my dirt bike. When I was 12 all I wanted was a really cool dirt bike. My dad got it for me on Christmas. I didn't like dolls or girly things. I loved going everyday after schools to the dirt hills to jump my bike. We'd make huge jumps and trails. Yes, mostly all I wanted to do was "boy" stuff with the boys. (I'm afraid I'm not a very good example of how to act like a lady). All throughout my teenage years I exercised. I was on the Provo swim team for many years and then later the high school team. I loved weights and usually was the only girl in weight class. After highschool, I got a pass to a work out place when I lived in St. George. I worked out everyday after work. I loved it!! When I got Married and had my first two kids I continued to enjoy working out. Why it is so HARD now? I can't seem to follow through with exercise. It's such a struggle now. I know it's so good for my health. It helps you have a strong immune system, more energy, less chance of blood clots, keeps your side handles at bay, and so so many other benefits. So why does it feel like a chore now? WHAAAA!
I think I've figured it out..... This is how my exercise time goes...
Jus is getting to be a mommy's boy. I'm sad about that because he was so happy with all of us before. So he usually cries for me to hold him. So I end up like this, with him on top, pulling my hair out and sucking on it (he loves it and has fun). No wonder I just prefer to avoid the exercise. OH well. I wouldn't trade my baby for anything and I'd rather have my hair pulled and sucked on then not have my little Jus. On a good note..I'm getting really buff from holding him and exercising : ) I can't wait until I can ride my bike outside in the fresh air with Jus buckled in the bike seat.
So here's to good health and may you all have it. Keep up that exercise!!
And just because he's so cute, here's a picture of Jus wearing his first pair of shoes.



1 comment:
We are opposites. I have an easier time exercising than I do eating healthy. I know what I need to do, but doing it is the hard part. Oh well, we just keep trying, right?
Good luck!
By the way, we miss you in Relief Society. We hope to have you back soon.
Post a Comment