Monday, May 25, 2009

Homeschool Prom

On Friday night they had the home school prom. These dances are no date so they're a lot of fun and the teens get to meet a bunch of people. They give each person a dance card and encourage them to dance with many people. I love these dances because everyone says yes and every gets plenty of opportunity to dance. Matthew had a blast. I'll post the pictures when I get them. They had a professional photographer and Matthew's whole group of friends piled in and got their pictures taken. Savannah will get to go next year. I think I'll take her to get her hair done and take all the friends out to eat before the prom next year.

In two weeks, we will go to the home school convention. All the teens 12 and up get to go to classes all day and meet new friends. The parents get to go to classes at the same time and learn new ideas for their home school. They also have a huge curriculum fair (which is really nice and gives us the opportunity to see what's out there). We love the convention and look forward to it all year. I love to home school and will really miss it when the kids grow up.

Update - Here are the pictures I promised.


Here they played a game where the girls took off their shoes. The boys picked a pair of shoes and had to dance with the owner. Here is Matthew trying to find the owner of the shoes he picked.

He found her!

They had a limbo contest. Matthew made it to the second to the last round. A very small, petite girl was the only one to make it through the last round.

Here is Matthew's group of friends! Many couldn't make it to the prom
but a lot of them were there.

Here they are doing the bunny hop!

The dance in full swing : )

The girls having fun!


The boys thinking about their next move or wondering if the girls have lost their minds. Actually, the boys just joined right into the fun!

Yes, Patrick and I were there. I can't stand having pictures of me taken while pregnant. Oh well, I guess I need to have a few.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't know why you don't like to have your picture taken. You can hardly even tell you're pregnant. You should be showing off your belly. We want to see it's real size.

Mary Liechty said...

He He.... that would be scary.