Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bike Riding and Other

So Tanner comes in (about 6 days ago) and says, "Mom, I'm going out to ride my bike." Now this child (before this) didn't want anything to do with a two wheeled bike. I tried everything last year but nothing worked. When I forced him to practice riding he would give me so much TROUBLE and I finally gave up. When the weather got nice this year, I mentioned that he should learn to ride a bike and he said, "I'm never going to ride that bike, no matter what you say!" So when he came in I was shocked but went right out, gave him one push and he hasn't been off the bike since. Little Stinker!!



My favorite form of exercise is bike riding so we've been going down the street (to a private park) and riding bikes for about 30 min. to an hour everyday. It's getting harder as my belly grows but I can still do it and hope to do it until I have the baby : ) My leg feels more irritable as I get bigger and have more blood pumping through my veins but over all I've had a very healthy pregnancy. I haven't warn my compression stockings for about 3 weeks. It's too hot!! I'll be going to a blood clot specialist in a couple weeks and then we'll make the decision about how this birth will go. I really want it to be as natural as possible but we'll see.



We are almost ready for the baby to come. We've had to start over because I got rid of all our baby stuff. I only have a few more things to get. We have a whole bunch of camping trips planned this summer so I wanted to prepare early.

Matthew has started taking two summer college classes. He wants to get two years under his belt before he turns 18. He is doing well but is very busy. Because the classes are all crammed into seven weeks, he always has something due. He is also just about done with Drivers Ed and will be driving soon. YIPPEE! It'll be nice when he can get himself around. I think I've spent several hours a day in the car running him around the last month. It's weird to think I'll have a 16 year old. I still feel young and it's hard to think that two of my kids are teenagers. It won't be long before they're gone. I really have enjoyed my teens. They are so much fun.


2 comments:

Joy said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better and enjoying the beautiful weather. That's great.

Kathryn said...

Teenagers are so much fun, aren't they? I'm enjoying them too.