Monday, April 12, 2010

Sausage

My friend gave me this recipe. Before I got this recipe, I hadn't eaten sausage since I worked at a turkey plant when I was 17. I learned how they made it and couldn't eat it ever since. I'll spare you the description but I can tell you it's really gross and they don't waste ANYTHNG from those turkeys (even bones). Not that I'm against bones. They're great for making broth or for giving to your dogs but I really don't want to eat them. This recipe makes some good sausage and you won't need to wonder what you are eating : )

Homemade Breakfast Sausage

1 lb ground turkey or grass fed hamburger

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp sage

1/2 tsp thyme

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp salt

Form into breakfast patties (about 1.5-2" in diameter.) This should make about 12 sausage patties. Fry in skillet or bake 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.


That's it and so good! If you like even like sausage.

No comments: