Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update

Several people have been asking me about my progress so here it is : )
I had another ultrasound on my leg Monday. My blood clot has totally dissolved below my knee! I had several veins that were clotted below my knee and now they are all clot free!! The blood clot is still in my groin and goes down to my knee but now it has blood flow so some of that clot has dissolved too. I didn't have any blood flow through that vain four weeks ago. I'm very excited to see some progress.

My belly is starting to grow and I felt the baby move this week!! On Tuesday the baby was moving enough for the kids to see the movement. I love it when the baby moves. It makes it all more real. I'm already so attached to this child. I feel really good now that my nausea is gone. I'm usually sick for 6 months so I feel very blessed. Life has been very busy so I haven't had time to really think about what I've been through over the last six weeks. I always believed if you ate right and took care of your body that you wouldn't have to deal with this kind of stuff. Boy was I surprised to find out that many people that get DVT (Deep Vain Thrombosis) are young, healthy women in their child bearing years, either pregnant or on birth control. I guess the elevated hormones can increase clotting.

I also got the rest of my genetic tests back this week and they are all negative. YIPPEE!! I was so excited, I think my midwife may think I'm nuts. I just didn't want something my family would have to deal with for generations to come.

I was at my midwife appointment for two hours asking question. She was so great to answer them until I was done. She had other appointments but she still listened to all my fears and questions. It's really nice to have someone that cares rather then the usual get you in and out as fast as they can. We talk about my birthing plan and a million other things. It's all so crazy and I haven't decided about what I'm going to do yet but I have time to think! The midwife told me in the end it's all our decision and they will respect that. WOW!! I had several more tests this week. I'm getting use to it. They have to keep track of your liver, blood platelets, etc, while your on a blood thinner. Joy! Actually, I'm doing really well. I feel good and have no side effects other then a little bruising at the injection site but it is really small and it heals very fast. I haven't had any weird bleeding or bruising. I'm taking vitamin C and E everyday to help build strong veins. I also take extra calcium because the Lovenox messes with the uptake of calcium.

In all I've had to learn to trust my life in Gods hands and go on and be happy and enjoy every minute that I have. I went to a club that Savannah and I are a part of last night. Mrs. Utah came and spoke about adversity. Here are some of the main points.....It has to be dark to be able to see the stars. Adversity makes you a better person. It's molds and shapes you and helps you to enjoy the small (stars) things in your life. I believe everything happens for a reason and we have the choice to have it make us or break us.

No comments: