I'm excited for a small break next week. We take off school and don't have any other classes next week. Our English, history, science and all Keystone classes don't start up again until January. We had auditions this week and it went well. I love directing but I think picking parts is the hardest thing about theater. It's all done!! It'll be fun to start practicing the production but I'll enjoy the break until then : )
For Thanksgiving we'll be having two dinners with both sides of the family. One on Sunday and one on Thanksgiving day. We all bring some food to share. I'll make rolls and pies. When I get some time, I'll post my recipes. I'm making pumpkin and cream cheese pie with raspberries sauce on top.. YUM....my favorite.
I have a lot to be Thankful for this year so here's my list:
1. My Family - I would be lost without them. I love spending time with them. I love watching my kids learn something new. I love to watch them grow. It's fun to watch them develop their talents. I'm thankful for a hubby who works hard to pay for the things we need, who help us keep on track. I love hugs.
2. The Gospel - I'm thankful for the safety of the gospel in a crazy world out there. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ. That He is willing to forgive me of my short comings. That he loves me enough to give his life.
3. For Freedom - To be who I want to be. To be able to choose my career, eat the way I choose, have animals, own a house.
4. For Good Friends - For someone to be able to talk to when I need someone to listen, someone to laugh with. For someone who is always there for you.
5. For My Parents - My mother is one of my best friends. I can talk to her about anything and she understands. My dad is fun to talk to about history or whatever he's learning about.
6. My Body - For great health. For being lead to healing so I can do what I was put here to do. For being able to jump and run and play with my kids.
7. For Nature - So I can see the beauty that God has created. So I can be rejuvenated. So I can breath fresh healing air and run in the grass barefoot and get energy form the Earth. So I can understand more about God through his amazing creations. For the feeling of the dirt as I plant new plants that give us life.
8. For a house, good job, food to eat, chickens for eggs, animals for milk, for warmth in the cold and cool when it's hot, for refreshing life giving water.
I have a million things to be grateful for.
Well, it's time to start making pies.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm looking forward to your pie recipes. We had a pie demonstration for RS, and I asked everyone there about making whole wheat pie crusts, and nobody knew the best way to do it. I'm assuming you know how, so I'd love to hear it. Your pumpkin cream cheese pie sounds great. Can't wait.
Post a Comment